County Level Project
- ANIMAL TO DECORATE: Giraffe
- CONTEST FEE: First come, First served
- Cost: $5.00 per piece (available at county extension office)
- Exhibitors will paint a bank and may make a habitat for it.
- Exhibitors should also complete the quiz at the link below and submit it with their entry. The quiz is to help you learn more about our feature animal.
Informational Material to Learn About Animal:
- The Marion County 4-H Fair General Rules & Regulations apply to this contest.
- ENTIRE DISPLAY MAY BE NO LARGER THAN 9” X 9” AND NO HIGHER THAN 9.” Any displays that are larger will not be allowed.
- 4-H Cloverbuds (K-2 grades) may enter, but they will be for display only and not be judged for competition.
- This is a contest for individuals only – no teams.
- This is a fee-based contest. See above.
- Due to space requirements, there is a limit of 75 exhibits.
- Exhibits must be returned for competition by project check in day. It may be decorated in any style that the exhibitor wishes, i.e. paint, cloth, paper, jewelry, feathers, etc. The exhibitor’s name must be clearly printed on the bottom of the exhibit and exhibit tag.
- All exhibits must be completed by the exhibitor.
- Only one (1) exhibit per exhibitor.
- No offensive or obscene material will be allowed.
- Decisions of Judging Committee will be final.
- Early pick-up of exhibits is not allowed. It is understood that the exhibits will remain on display for the entire Fair.
- The Marion County 4-H Fair Committee will assume no responsibility or liability for the damage or loss of articles exhibited. Supervision will be provided during Fair hours.
- Exhibits and awards not picked up on the above day will be forfeit and become the property of the Marion County 4-H.
Grand Champion, Champions, Reserve Champions, blue, red and white ribbons – Beginner (3-5 grades) Intermediate (ages 6-8 grades) Advanced (9-12 grades) Adult All exhibitors will receive a participation award.
*Parents are encouraged to ASSIST in exhibitors projects, but project should reflect EXHIBITORS work.