4-H ARTS & CRAFTS
Project Leaders: Ceramics - Marsha Gratner (219) 869-0914
Farm Toy Scene - Rhonda Yates (219) 987-6607
Leather - Julene Allen (219) 345-5852
- Record sheets are due to your club leader by July 8.
- Project Check-In: Tuesday, July 16 (4:00-8:00 PM CST) or Wednesday, July 17 (7:30-10:00 AM CST)
Project Judging: July 17 at the following times:
12:00 Noon - Farm Toy Scene, Fine Arts, Models, Plastic Building Blocks
- 2:00 PM - Basketry, Ceramics, Leather, Miscellaneous Craft, Plastercraft, Pottery
- All crafts will be classified into one of the following eight categories:
4. Counted Cross Stitch
5. All Other Needlecraft
- Fine Arts (any medium)
- Ceramics, Pottery, Plastercraft
2. Pottery (free form)
3. Diorama (mini scale scene) - maximum size is 2’ x 3’ x 3' high
- Farm Toy Scene
maximum size is 2'x3x3' high
- Plastic Building Blocks
- Any type of craft not included above. If there are 5 or more entries in any one type of craft, that craft will be awarded a Champion and Reserve Champion. All types of Miscellaneous Crafts with less than 5 entries will be grouped together in All Other Crafts, and will be awarded a Champion and Reserve Champion.
- Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion will be awarded in each of the craft categories (A, B, C…). One Champion and Reserve Champion will be awarded in each craft class (1, 2, 3…).
- A pair or set of items will be considered as one article. Only one article (per craft class) is to be displayed at the fair.
- Articles made at school are acceptable.
- Any picture or wall hanging should be ready for display. If the item made should be hung, it must be ready for hanging. Canvas art on a wooden frame is considered prepared for hanging provided that frame has a hanger. Please realize that the picture frames with the cardboard hangers do no hold up well.
- DO NOT mount models on a base.
- Turn a completed record sheet in for each project entered. Additional record are
available through the Extension Office or on the Jasper County Extension Website.
- Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion will be awarded in each of the
- craft categories (A, B, C…). One Champion and Reserve Champion will be awarded in each craft class (1, 2, 3…).
- A 4-H Craft Information Card (4-H 618a-W) MUST accompany your exhibit so the
judge knows what techniques you used to complete your project.
- The only Arts & Crafts projects that require a completed manual are the model(plastic, wooden or diorama) and the manual may be found on the website as
well (www.extension.purdue.edu/jasper). There is no manual for the other Arts &
Crafts projects. Resources are available at many department and/or crafts stores.
- REMEMBER: All articles must be completed, ready to use when entered for exhibit. NOTE: No matter how excellent the work may be - if an article is not ready for display, the judge will penalize it a ribbon level.
- 12. State Fair entries: 12 arts & crafts total - If multiple pieces make up the exhibit, a photograph of the complete exhibit should be attached to the exhibit so the total
exhibit can properly be displayed. For safety purposes any craft exhibit that resembles a sword, knife, or look-a-like weapon will be judged but will not be displayed.