Livestock information for the Franklin County 4-H Program and Fair.
All 2020 Franklin County 4-H Events and Livestock Shows will be virtual, including the auction.
Entries for the 2020 Franklin County virtual 4-H Livestock Shows are now open through July 12! Go to: https://www.virtualcattlebattle.com/purdue-ext-franklin-com to upload your pictures or videos. A summary of the livestock show information can be found in the related files it's called:2020 Franklin County 4-H Virtual Livestock Shows
- All livestock animals must be enrolled in 4honline by July 1.
- 4-H members will be able to submit their video or photo entries to virtual cattle battle from July 5- July 12, we will close entries at 11:59 pm on July 12 to allow for judging to begin. Refer to Virtual Cattle Battle's "How To" video if you need assistance taking videos (applies to larger arena animals).
- Rabbits and Poultry will require pictures and the rest of the livestock will require videos.
- We will cross reference the animals that are entered in the show with the animals that are enrolled in 4honline, so please make sure their ID's match.
- Entries will be limited to two classes per species.
- No showmanship classes will be offered, except for poultry and horse & pony.
- 4-H Exhibitors will not be charged a fee to participate in our virtual show.
- Awards will be similar to a typical FC 4-H Fair.
- Results will be released as they are received.
- Only members who choose to complete the project by finishing the livestock worksheet need to upload the worksheet into fair entry for that project. Details and instructions can be found here.
- There will be a livestock auction! Click here for details!
- This will be a premium only, online auction via Breeder's World Final Drive with support from Bath State Bank.
- To participate 4-H livestock members must exhibit a market animal in the virtual show
- Each exhibitor can sell one animal (i.e. go through the auction one time)
- Exhibitors must designate which animal they are selling, those animals will be ineligible for any other 4-H shows, including the Indiana State Fair.
- Weight Classes: Livestock classes that are typically determined by weight will require members to enter the animal’s weight. If you do not have access to scales, please estimate the weight of the animal. You can contact committee members if you need assistance. Weigh tapes are a great resource that can be used to estimate the weight.
- https://www.pbsanimalhealth.com/products/weigh-tapes or through many other livestock supply companies.
- Here is a link to a helpful publication from the University of Arizona Extension Service: How Much Does Your Animal Weigh?