Crafts will be judged by grades.
- A Champion and Reserve Champion will be selected for each grade in each craft if the judge feels there is an article of enough merit to deserve the honor. State Fair entries will be determined by the judges. Champions and Reserve Champions will be selected from the honor group.
- Members may exhibit in more than one craft project (example: 1 exhibit in freelance, 1 exhibit in models).
- All items must be complete and ready for use; if a picture, it must be ready for hanging; needlecraft projects are to be ready for intended use; all other crafts are to be finished as required.
- Each year should be a new learning experience, therefore, more difficult exhibits should be made each year.
- Needlework may be placed in clear plastic bag for display.
- A pair or set is considered one article, i.e. mittens, slippers, salt and pepper shakers, pitcher and bowl, tablecloth and/or napkins.
- Projects not meeting division requirements will be lowered one ribbon grade.
- All crafts must have a 4-H Craft Information Card attached to the project.
- If multiple pieces make up the exhibit, a photograph of the complete exhibit should be attached to the exhibit so the total exhibit can be properly displayed.
- For safety purposes, any craft exhibit that resembles a sword, knife, or a look-a-like weapon will be judged but will not be displayed.
Projects will be judged according to Class and Grade.
Attach a completed 4-H Craft Information Card to your project.
A member may enter no more than two (2) model classes. Only one (1) entry is permitted in each class. If entering 2
- models, they must be separate displays. For example, if entering a car and a airplane, they must be on two separate display boards.
- No snap together, bolt together, screw together, or nailed models allowed. These exhibits will receive a completion ribbon only.
- Boards used for displaying models must be rigid and not be more than one inch larger than the model. Exhibit will be dropped one ribbon placing if not meeting size requirements. Use of display board is optional, however if a board is used, the model must be attached to the board. Suggested methods of attachment include string, twist-ties, or wire that can be removed during judging and replaced for display.
- The Other Model category will include model boats, spacecrafts, motorcycles, doll houses built to scale, wood models and other models not included in other classes.
A completed record sheet must be turned in with your green folder.
- Airplanes and Military Models—Includes flying and display models for all types of aircraft.
- Cars/Trucks—Includes racers, customized, stock and antique car models.
- All Other Model Types—Includes model boats, spacecrafts, figures, motorcycles, dollhouses built to scale, wood models, and other models not included in other classes.