Committee: Jeff Hale, Kindsey Pierce & Tod Howard
- All sheep must be delivered at Memorial Park by 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 15
- Sheep Fair Weigh-in will be 10 -11 am Tuesday, July 15. Sheep will be released after the show on Wednesday. All registered ewes must be checked in at this time and registration papers will be checked. The scales will be set up prior to weigh-in for everyone's use and only one weight will be taken during weigh-in. That weight will be taken for sale and show.
- All market lambs will be slick-shorn. All market lambs will be weighed at designated time and divided into classes by the committee.
- Ewe lambs to be shown as market lambs need to be declared at the fair weigh-in.
- All yearling ewes and ewe lambs must have registration papers to show in purebred classes. The registration papers will be checked at weigh-in time or not eligible to show.
- All breed classes must follow state fair breed classes for all sheep.
- All sheep to be shown at the county fair must be entered by May weigh-in. This includes registered and commercial ewes and market lambs.
- All sheep are to be retinal scanned and tagged with a county ear tag and market lambs weighed on May 10, 2014, 8-10 am. Market lambs at the May weigh-in may be designated to an individual or "family".
- Showmanship is for any exhibitor. Each exhibitor is eligible for one showmanship class only.
- Grade 3 showman
- Junior showmanship - Grades 4-5
- Intermediate showmanship - Grades 6-7-8
- Senior showmanship - Grades 9-10-11-12
(Grade just finished before 4-H Fair)
- An over-all champion showman will be picked from the winner of each class.
- Only one pair of animals may be shown in a class.
- That pair may be made up by animals owned by brothers and/or sisters.
- Sheep shown in breeding classes will be shown in alphabetical order with commercials last.
- Sale animals must weigh 85 pounds or more (first year members exempt).
- All 4-H market lambs enrolled in Henry County must be identified with a county ear tag and retinal scan at the May weigh-in.
- Every exhibitor is responsible for keeping his/her aisle and pens clean and neat and their animals well cared for.
- All floor and auction animals must be moved to the swine barn 2 hours after the show.
- The 4-H Sheep Committee reserves the right to randomly retinal scan any animal entered on Wednesday before the show. Additionally, the committee also reserves the right to retinal scan the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place lambs in the market and breeding classes after each class has shown as well as to retinal scan the champions, reserve champions, and 3rd best animals. Validity of the retinal scans will be checked and eligibility decided by the committee and Extension staff.
- A Henry County Livestock Record MUST be completed and turned in with green folder.
- Anything not covered by the above rules will be decided by the committee.
- All sheep must be bedded and fit in the Sheep Annex (Smith Building Annex) until the end of the sheep show. After the sheep show, the sale animals must be moved to the main barn within 1 hour after the show.
Grade 3 Showmanship
Single Ewe Lambs
Single Yearling Ewes
Grand & Reserve Champion Ewe
Pair of Ewes
MARKET LAMB CLASSES:
Single Market Lamb
Grand Champion Market Lamb
Reserve Grand Champion Market Lamb
Third Best Market Lamb
Pair of Market Lambs
Plaques to Breed Champion Ewes Sponsored by: HARVEST LAND CO-OP, INC., STEWART SEEDS, RON, THE MARGISON FAMILY, TERRY & ANGIE LEE
BLUE FLAME OF SULPHUR SPRINGS – Director’s Chair to Champion First Year Showmanship
FARM CREDIT MID AMERICA- Trophy to Grand Champion Market Lamb
LUELLEN BROS. INC. - Banner to Grand Champion Ewe, Banner to Reserve Grand Champion Ewe
THE KENDALL FAMILY - Trophy to Grand Champion Ewe, Plaque to Champion Suffolk Market Lamb, Plaque to Champion Oxford Market Lamb
FARM WORLD - Trophy to Reserve Grand Champion Ewe
MT LAWN SPEEDWAY - Banner to Grand Champion Market Lamb, Trophy to Champion Pair Market Lambs
WILLIAM LOWRY - Trophy to Grand Champion Sheep Showman
KNIGHTS OF PYTHIAS OF NEW CASTLE - Trophy to Reserve Grand Champion Market Lamb
DAN & MARTHA WEBB - Banner to Reserve Grand Champion Market Lamb
HOLDER & REESE FAMILIES—Trophy to Champion Senior Sheep Showman, Trophies to Mini Sheep Participants
RON & LINDA CHEW – Trophy to Champion Intermediate Sheep Showman
MIKE & BARBARA RAY FAMILY – Trophy to Champion Junior Sheep Showman
MIKE RAY: ECI REAL ESTATE APPRAISERS - Trophy to Sheep Rate-of-Gain Winner
RON & KARLA TERRELL - Trophy to Champion Pair of Ewes
ED YANOS - Banner to Third Best Market Lamb
SPARKS FARM— Gift Card to Best Sheep Showman
ELLIS & HARTER FAMILIES – Sheep Medals
HOLDER GRANDKIDS—Plaque to Champion Hampshire Market Lamb
GUFFEY FAMILY—Plaque to Champion Commercial Market Lamb
JAY & JANA THOMAS & FAMILY—Plaque to Champion Dorset Market Lamb
BROTHERHOOD LODGE –3-5-7, KNIGHTS OF PYTHIAS— Plaque to Champion Southdown Ewe, Plaque– Champion Natural Color Lamb
KINDSEY PIERCE & BRYANT BOYER—Blankets for Grand Champion Ewe & Grand Champion Market Lamb
Other Related Information: