the relationship among pest biology and behavior, human interests, and
• Describe some potential risks of pesticide use.
• Define Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
• List the basic steps in the IPM process.
• Explain the functions of inspection, monitoring, and scouting
in an IPM program.
• Define the pest threshold concept, and explain how it varies from
one management system to another.
• Explain the importance of pest identification in an IPM program.
• Explain the importance of record keeping in an IPM program.
• Explain how IPM differs from traditional (pesticide-based) pest