The 4-H Lawn & Garden Tractor and equipment program provides youth with educational information that develops project skills (i.e. principles f engine operation, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, safe operation) and life skills (i.e. decision making, using science and technology, developing communication skills).
Lawn & Garden Project Leader: Ryan Kohlhagen 219-866-3695
- Completed Record Sheet due to your 4-H Club leader by July 8.
- Tractor Operator Contest Judging: Saturday, July 20 beginning at 8:00 AM CST
- Project Leader: Ryan Kohlhagen 219-866-3695
- ALL completed record sheets and manuals/activity books must be turned in to the 4‑H Club leader by July 8, and must be securely attached in the green “Indiana 4‑H Club Member's Record Book.”
- If any part of your exhibit is on a poster, it must follow the poster rules stated in the front of this Insight book. It is REQUIRED that all posters, notebooks, and display boards include a reference list indicating where information was obtained, giving credit to the original author, to complete the 4-H member’s exhibit. This reference list should/might include website links, people and professionals interviewed, books, magazines, etc. It is recommended this reference list be attached to the back of a poster or display board, be the last page of a notebook, or included as a part of the display visible to the public. A judge is not to discredit an exhibit for the manner in which references are listed.
- The Operator Contest will be divided into two classes: Junior (grade 3-7) and Senior (grade 8-12) in both Lawn & Garden Tractor and Zero-Turn.
For More Lawn & Garden Tractor Information, https://extension.purdue.edu/4h/pages/project.aspx?proj=28