Enjoy over 30 years of knowledge with Dan Cassens, Professor of Forestry and Natural
Resources, Purdue University, on 35 of the nation’s popular hardwood trees. Whether
you are weekend wood craftsman or seasoned sawmill operator, this CD will be your
resource of hardwood tree information.
This comprehensive CD(CD-FNR-406) on hardwoods covers the following:
- Tree Species: Ash; Aspen; Basswood;
Beech; Birch; Black Cherry; Black Gum; Black Locust; Black Walnut; Boxelder; Buckeye; Butternut; Catalpa; Chestnut; Coffeetree; Cottonwood; Dogwood; Elm; Hackberry; Hard or Sugar Maple;
Hickory; Holly; Honey Locust; Magnolia; Mulberry; Osage Orange; Persimmon; Red Oak; Sassafras; Soft Maple; Sweetgum; Sycamore; White Oak; Willow; Yellow-Poplar
Decay Resistance: Learn the decay properties of various hardwood species.
This CD is dedicated to the thousands
of companies and individuals Dan
has met and shared knowledge with
at numerous events and workshops
over the years.
- Mechanical Properties: Learn about different properties of various hardwood species.
- The Production Process: See how hardwood lumber is processed from start to finish.
- Purchasing and Selling Hardwood Lumber: Learn who to contact when you are buying
or selling lumber.
- Shrinkage: Learn how much lumber can shrink and expand due to relative humidities.
- Steam Bending: Ability of different woods to bend
- Understanding Lumber: Learn different characteristics of hardwood lumber, terms and
definitions, and sawing techniques.
- Wood Machining: Find out how different hardwood species respond to planing, shaping,
turning, and boring.
Order CD-FNR-406, Lumber from Hardwood Trees, for $25 plus shipping today!