Wabash County 4-H Jr. Leaders would like to invite 4-H Members in grades 7-12 to join our club for the 2019 4-H Program Year. Beginning in 2019, Jr. Leaders may serve as your primary 4-H Club. This means that you do not need to attend a school/township club in addition to Jr. Leaders. (Those in Dog, Electric, Horse & Pony, Poultry, Rabbit, Robotics, Shooting Sports, Tractor Maintenance, and Vet Science will still need to attend those club meetings.)
In Jr. Leaders, the club officers and members have the unique opportunity to strengthen our leadership skills by selecting, planning, and scheduling our own meetings, field trips, service learning opportunities and more.
As Jr. Leader President, I would like to share a few of our upcoming events. These events are a great way to learn about and serve our community.
Please consider making the most of your 4-H experience by joining Jr. Leaders.
November 16 (4pm – 8pm) & 17 (10am – 2pm): Holiday Night to Remember
- Host a Kids Game/Activity/Lesson at the Extension/4-H Open House.
- All Supplies provided by Extension Office
- Sign-up to work a 2 Hour Shift by clicking this link - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904054FAFAC2CA75-holiday
November 19 (5:30pm) Help pack Thanksgiving Food Baskets for the Lighthouse Mission
- Event to be held at Christ United Methodist Church, 477 N Wabash Street
November 30 Tour CIE (Central Indiana Ethanol) in Grant County & Hold Meeting
- Carpool from Wabash at 5:45pm; If providing own transportation meet at CIE at 6:15, tour to Begin at 6:30pm
- RSVP and provide Permission Slip and Health Form to Extension Office by November 15 to reserve a spot.
- CIE requires the following attire for tour participants…Closed toed shoes (boots preferred), cotton clothing, jeans.
December 16 (2pm Show Time - Leave Wabash at 12:15) Wagon Wheel Theatre in Warsaw to see Elf the Musical
- Sign up NOW through November 15.
- Payment of $25, signed permission slip, and health form must be submitted to the Extension Office.
- Those who complete 2019 Jr. Leader Requirements will receive a $10 refund for this event following the 2019 4-H Fair. (Requirements include completing 3 Jr. Leader Service Activities, attending 3 Jr. Leader Meetings, and working 3 shifts at the 4-H Fair Pop Stand.)
- Limited Tickets Available – First come, first served.
Field trip permission forms and Health Forms can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
Remaining Jr. Leader Activities will be e-mailed in early December.
Please consider joining our club.
Ashlyn Rody, Wabash County 4-H Jr. Leader President