The 2021 Franklin County 4-H Fair is planned for July 12-17,
with Pre-Fair Judging July 7-11.
Congratulations to all of our 4-H Members!
2020 Fair Results can be found here: 2020 Franklin County 4-H Fair Results
Virtual Franklin County 4-H Fair
2020 VIRTUAL FAIR INFORMATION
Every single 4-H member is highly encouraged to participate in the virtual fair this summer. Many people are working extremely hard to set up the virtual fair and give our youth this opportunity and we want to make it the best experience possible. Remember the 4-H Slogan? Learning by Doing! Members are still learning, they are completing the same project requirements to prepare for the fair, they will still be judged and placed, they will just be showcased differently this year. Members are still learning important lifelong skills, and they are learning even more skills this year with the virtual requirements. How about the 4-H Motto? To Make the Best, Better! Kids are amazing and all youth are the best, 4-H makes them even better; teaching them resilience, grit, adaptability, how to cope, responsibility, leadership and so much more. This growth and development happens regardless of how their projects are showcased this year.
- We hope that ALL of you will choose to participate in the virtual fair this summer. However, we know that there are some circumstances when exhibits can not get finished. In these cases, remember, in order to complete a 4-H project, this year or any year, the member just has to complete a record sheet!
- We are willing to help any 4-H member with connectivity issues, please reach out to the Purdue Extension Franklin County for assistance.
- There is no 4-H Fair Queen Contest scheduled for 2020, we hope it will be the biggest and best contest ever in 2021!
- Point sheets will be collected, so keep track of your projects and results, but premium money will be dependent on the budget this year, we will keep you posted on this after the fair.
- We will showcase the projects online and will have an insert in the newspaper after all of the events are completed.
- We have some surprises in store for the seniors, so watch for those! If you haven't seen our facebook posts with the senior spotlights, please like and follow us!
BUILDING OR NON-WALKING PROJECTS:
- FAIR ENTRY IS OPEN!
- Non-Walking Projects (aka Building or Static Projects) will be entered and judged through Fair Entry. Log in to Fair Entry with your 4honline email and password and upload your non-walking project files for judging from July 1 - July 10, entries will close at 11:59 pm on July 10 to allow for judging to begin.
- Do not hit the submit payment button until you are finished entering all entries for all members of your family!
- Find step by step Fair Entry instructions here and in the related files, these instructions are VERY helpful!
- The document with all of the virtual project requirements and suggestions for the non-walking, exhibit building projects, (aka static projects), can be found in the related files, it's called 2020 Franklin County 4-H Virtual Project Exhibits, and was updated on July 1.
- Results will be released as soon as possible after judging is complete.
- Awards will be the same as in the past.
Entries for the 2020 Franklin County virtual 4-H Livestock Shows are now open through July 12! Go to: https://www.virtualcattlebattle.com/purdue-ext-franklin-com to upload your pictures or videos. A summary of the livestock show information can be found in the related files it's called:2020 Franklin County 4-H Virtual Livestock Shows
- All livestock must be enrolled in 4honline by July 1.
- 4-H livestock members will be able to submit their video or photo entries to virtual cattle battle from July 5- July 12, we will close entries at 11:59 pm on July 12 to allow for judging to begin. Refer to Virtual Cattle Battle's "How To" video if you need assistance taking videos (applies to larger arena animals).
- Rabbits and Poultry will require pictures and the rest of the livestock will require videos.
- We will cross reference the animals that are entered in the show with the animals that are enrolled in 4honline, so please make sure their ID's match.
- Entries will be limited to two classes per species.
- No showmanship classes will be offered, except for poultry and horse & pony.
- 4-H Exhibitors will not be charged a fee to participate in our virtual show.
- Awards will be similar to a typical FC 4-H Fair.
- Results will be released as they are received.
- Only members who choose to complete the project by finishing the livestock worksheet need to upload the worksheet into fair entry for that project.
- There will be a livestock auction! Click here for details!
- This will be a premium only, online auction via Breeder's World Final Drive with support from Bath State Bank.
- To participate 4-H livestock members must exhibit a market animal in the virtual show
- Each exhibitor can sell one animal (i.e. go through the auction one time)
- Exhibitors must designate which animal they are selling, those animals will be ineligible for any other 4-H shows, including the Indiana State Fair.
- Weight Classes: Livestock classes that are typically determined by weight will require members to enter the animal’s weight. If you do not have access to scales, please estimate the weight of the animal. You can contact committee members if you need assistance. Weigh tapes are a great resource that can be used to estimate the weight.
- https://www.pbsanimalhealth.com/products/weigh-tapes or through many other livestock supply companies.
- Here is a link to a helpful publication from the University of Arizona Extension Service: How Much Does Your Animal Weigh? You can also download it from the list of related files.
SHARE YOUR FAIR PHOTOS!
Please share your favorite photos from the 2020 Franklin County 4-H Fair with us by uploading them into Google Photo Album! Here is the link!
2020 Booster Club Forms are available now! This year the Fairboard is working on updating the Block Building (#4) and purchasing pens for the Sheep/Goat Barn, we appreciate any donations toward these projects!
Links to Past Results