- Extent of the problem – who the offenders are and why they molest children.
- Common seduction, manipulation and “grooming” tactics used by offenders.
- Talking to children about abuse and people with “secret touching problems.”
- Practical child and family “rules” for safety.
- Responding to child sexual abuse disclosures and reporting child abuse.
Did you know?
- Every 98 seconds an American is sexually assaulted; every 8 minutes that victim is a child.
- Of sexual abuse cases reported to law enforcement, 93% of juvenile victims knew the perpetrator.
CBI Consulting, Inc.
Cory Jewell Jensen, M.S.
Presented By: Comfort House Child Advocacy Center, Harrison County Sheriff's Department, and the Indiana State Police
WARNING: This workshop incorporates videotaped interviews with convicted sex offenders and graphic discussions about sexual crimes and child abuse. Participants with a personal history of abuse are encouraged to have support people available following the presentation. Children and teens will not be admitted.
Light refreshments will be served.